Create your Value Proposition
You need to create your value proposition at a company, regional or business unit level first before you can communicate it through sales propositions or marketing communication. In other words, your value proposition isn’t just a clever piece of communication but the management of your tangible products, intangible services and customer experiences to create value.
Creating your value proposition is a process that must include all stakeholders, especially customers, and will have various outputs including:
• A strategic framework for competitive advantage
• A clear profile of your buyers, including personas
• Customer insights of your real value
• What offerings to take to market and how
• Alternatives and substitutes
• A roadmap for differentiation
• Evidence of how you deliver value
• High level messaging for use in all marketing, sales and internal communications
The Value Proposition Builder™ is a proven six step methodology that leads directly to the creation of a compelling value proposition.
Creating value propositions must start at the highest level in the organisation and translate downwards, right down to individual sales propositions.
Questions to be answered include
• What is the timeframe for this proposition?
• Who is the intended customer?
• What does your organisation want your customer to do?
• What are the best alternatives this customer will have if they don’t use your organisation?
• What will be your customer’s experience of using you?